Symptoms of transmission problems can take several forms and have a number of possible causes. Some transmission problems require extensive repairs while others will only need an adjustment or minor service. A systematic check-up by an ASE-certified transmission professional is usually necessary to establish the cause of operating problems and their solutions.
American Pride Automotive has been providing the areas of Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown, Williamsburg and Toano with quality transmission repair and transmission replacement since 1995.
Symptoms of typical transmission problems include any of the following:
- Fresh transmission fluid stains under the vehicle
- Shifting at improper speed levels
- Passing gear won’t engage properly
- Vehicle moves forward or backward in Neutral; tries to move in Park
- Vehicle labors or stalls on take off
- Vehicle won’t move or shifts late during the first few minutes of operation
- Slippage: Engine races but vehicle moves slowly or won’t accelerate
- Rough or erratic shifting; clunking noise while shifting
- Engine braking does not work in one or more shift positions
- A dashboard ‘Check Engine’ or ‘Service Engine Soon’ light comes on
- The Shift handle is hard to move in or out of any position
- The Shift indicator must be slightly off (P) or (N) to start car
- The Shift indicator doesn’t point to the proper range
- A burnt or rancid odor emanates from under the hood or from underneath the vehicle
- Excessive amounts of debris are found in the transmission pan during an inspection
American Pride Automotive has been installing and servicing Jasper Transmissions exclusively for over 10 years and is also the area’s largest distributor. At American Pride, you can purchase a completely remanufactured Jasper transmission and get back on the road worry-free. Just call 757-595-4100 and schedule an appointment with us.
We install Jasper with confidence. Every Jasper remanufactured transmission is backed by a nationwide, transferable 36-month/75,000-mile parts and labor warranty. Off-road applications receive an 18-month/75,000-mile parts and labor warranty. A premium service plan, which includes towing and car rental, is also available. We provide a full warranty disclosure upon request.